Re: Anti-SPAM recommendations

1998-07-09 10:43:37
- Jacques Gauthier <jacques_g(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>:

| > Maybe, and maybe not.  Here is, in fact, a counterexample to both
| > assertions, from the depths of my mail archives:
| >
| >   Subject: Emacs 19.10 diffs
| >   From: rms(_at_)gnu(_dot_)ai(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu (Richard Stallman)
| >   To: rms(_at_)gnu(_dot_)ai(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu
| >   Date: Sun, 30 May 93 03:20:53 -0400
| >   Sent-Via-Bcc-To: Emacs pretesters
|
| Am not sure about the example you provided.  What was the
| recipient's real email address ?

There were many recipients.

| Also, why would this guy send himself some mail ?  Unless he's
| posting from the internet account of his mailing list.

I think Sean B. Straw (the one with (Professional Software
Engineering) in his From: header) answered this: A personal mailing
list.

Besides, you don't "this guy" someone like rms.  8-)

In this case, he put me on the list of people who had been sending in
error reports on emacs.  He did so without asking me, and I didn't
mind because it was a list only he could send to, given the mechanism
in use.

- Harald (who is going away on vacation now, so I'll miss the
          remainder of this discussion for the next four weeks)