Re: Anti-SPAM recommendations

1998-07-09 12:17:16
"JG" == Jacques Gauthier <jacques_g(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

    >> Not always true (see my previous comments on this)
    >>
    >> > if the receiver isn't my address (or one ot the mailing list I
    >> > subscribe to then it's spam
    >>
    >> At home, usually true, but not always. What if someone respons
    >> to somthing you say on the list, and you are in the Cc: field
    >> instead of the To: field? (Ok, so shame on them for sending to
    >> the list AND Cc:ing you..)

    JG> A clarification:  By RECEIVER i mean:

You don't need to shout, we can hear you perfectly well.

    JG> TO:
    JG> CC:
    JG> BCC:

Did you actually ever see a BCC: in any e-mail message
you ever received???

You shouldn't. That's the trick - and the reason, why we use it.
To send a message to (in this case: many) people,
that don't need to know of each others.
The reasons for that are obvious.