Re: Procmail and IBM Secure Mailer

1998-12-14 16:11:51

On 14 Dec 98, at 13:21, Matthew G. Saroff wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Philip Guenther wrote:
  I just came across the news that IBM is reaease it's Secure Mailer
program mailer as open source.
  Does anyone know of if/how Procail works with the program.
You must be refering to postfix, the MTA written by Wietse Venema.  The
FAQ on www.postfix.org says that it does and describes what variables
to set in postfix's configuration file.

Nope it is.

The official project is known as 'IBM's Secure Mailer'. The unofficial
codename was Vmailer, but they had to rename that, to Postfix to
agree with the lawyers.

I should know, I have been alpha testing this mailer for the past
year, and it so blazing fast, its amazing. It's faster and simplier to
use than sendmail, and also faster and more secure than qmail.

It works fine with procmail. (look in my headers).

If you want to find more about this. Check out
http://www.postfix.org/

-- Matthew