Re: Procmail and IBM Secure Mailer

1998-12-15 14:44:40
On 15 December 1998, John D. Hardin <jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Liviu Daia wrote:

On 14 December 1998, Matthew G. Saroff
<msaroff(_at_)sparc-119(_dot_)re-ro(_dot_)com>
wrote:
      I just came across the news that IBM is reaease it's Secure
Mailer program mailer as open source.  Does anyone know of if/how
Procail works with the program.

    I'm testing it right now, and it appears to work fine.
The configuration is pretty straightforward, just follow the
instructions.

So is it easy to configure procmail as a filter on a postfix hub than
it is under sendmail? I never could get that working.

    Yes, it has explicit hooks for both procmail and RBL.  In fact it's
incredibly easy to setup, I got it compiled and configured (with an
actually usable configuration) in about 15 minutes after downloading it.
Adding masquerading and a virtual domain took another 2 minutes. :-) You
should really give it a try, it's faster than QMail and _much_ faster
than sendmail.  So far, I'm quite impressed.

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia