Re: Appending Unsubscribe Information

1999-11-12 09:50:46

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Jim McMaster wrote:

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:41:32 -0700

"Athar  S. Sidiqi" said:

I think emails sent to this mailing list should have an appended signature
file that displays or instructs you on how you can unsubscribe - because I
want to unsubscribe but dont know how to.

That would be most convenient wouldnt it ?

It would have been even more convenient for you to have saved the welcome
message you got when you subscribed.  That had all the information you need,
and you would not have had to bother the list with an inane request.

I get welcome messages from 15,000 sites and mailing lists - I cannot
afford to save all of them due to shortage of disk space (believe it or
not email messages take a lot of space specially when they accumulate) and
I dont like going through all of them - it is more convenient for me to
press response and respond back than go through maneavours to rid myself
of a two year old mailing list (I have been subscribed to but was sending
to dev/null) because I was too lazy to unsubscribe -