Re: Appending Unsubscribe Information

1999-11-12 10:39:43

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Martin Mokrejs wrote:

At least this you SHOULD learn from Welcome messages: how to get help
on how to unsubscribe. I recommend you attending some Internet course for
beginners. Good luck.

It is not laziness or ignorance or "stupidity" - it is just inconvenient.
I would much rather direct the emails to dev/null than have to go through
information on how to unsubscribe. I just mentioned this not so that
people can call me stupid or ignorant or a beginner. I said it for the
future convenience and user-friendliness of the list. I CAN go to a search
engine and find out more about how to unsubscribe but I just considered it
more convenient to redirect all messages to dev/null instead of bothering
with bots and specific commands and owners of lists (whose addresses I
dont know) or to deal with mailer-daemon address not found returns - but
if two lines of signature added to each mail's end (like they have in
hotmail and deja news services) that instructs you about subsribe and
unsubscribe information would be convenient and appreciated by many users
- I am not the only one who has sent remove messages to the wrong mailing
list.