Re: Appending Unsubscribe Information

1999-11-12 10:29:48
First of all, I'm sorry to bother other's with a copy being sent to the
list. Usually I'd reply personally.

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Athar S. Sidiqi wrote:

I dont like going through all of them - it is more convenient for me to
press response and respond back than go through maneavours to rid myself

Think! -see below.

of a two year old mailing list (I have been subscribed to but was sending
to dev/null) because I was too lazy to unsubscribe -

Save the bandwidth. Internet is NOT your space. Others also want to use
resources. If you don't want to read Welcome messages and possibly others,
you prabaly even don't want to understand how mailing-list servers
work ... and probably don't want to read this reply anyway.

Try to guess, what to do. Mailing-list robots accept commands in body of a
message. Then don't want to read your signature, so at the end of commands
you should put command end (if you'd used any signature). I'm sure you
know commands subscribe and unsubscribe. You surprisingly know the
list-name. You could guess that the server is running majordomo or
listserv robots. What about sending an e-mai to
majordomo(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de, nothing in a subject
line, in a body:

unsubscribe procmail assiddiq(_at_)students(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
end

If there'd be no majordomo but listserv, try this way.

If you are really stupid, you should at least remeber, that there's always
a human being behind listname-owner(_at_)originating(_dot_)server(_dot_) So if
you are
really ignorant, contact the
procmail-owner(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

At least this you SHOULD learn from Welcome messages: how to get help
on how to unsubscribe. I recommend you attending some Internet course for
beginners. Good luck.
--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP 5.0i key at: finger://mail.natur.cuni.cz/mmokrejs
<mmokrejs(_at_)natur(_dot_)cuni(_dot_)cz> Faculty of Science, The Charles