Re: Delivery to bin

2000-07-27 21:41:57
Procmail goes directly for the file /var/spool/mail/root where by
default all mail comes to rest when it is delivered, but only in each
users individual file.

    I have two accounts setup, root in /root and jes in /home/jes

    Each has the following forward

.forward = "| exec /usr/bin/procmail"

    Neither has .procmailrc

    Mail sent to jes(_at_)romance(_dot_)lightlink(_dot_)com is delivered to
/var/spool/mail/jes

    Mail sent to root(_at_)romance(_dot_)lightlink(_dot_)com is delivered to
/var/spool/mail/bin

    On my SunOS system, running the same version of procmail,
mail sent to root is delivered properly to root and not bin.

You don't mention your distro... afaik most|all invoke procmail directly from
sendmail. Check your /etc/sendmail.cf

Don't you get the delivery you want without ~/.forward?

here's how procmail looks here:
[summer(_at_)possum summer]$ dir -l /usr/bin/procmail
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     mail        76432 Feb  8 04:51 /usr/bin/procmail
[summer(_at_)possum summer]$

Standard RHL 6.1 (in this respect).