Re: Delivery to bin

2000-07-27 15:46:06
Homer Wilson Smith wrote:

Procmail goes directly for the file /var/spool/mail/root where by
default all mail comes to rest when it is delivered, but only in each
users individual file.

    I have two accounts setup, root in /root and jes in /home/jes

    Each has the following forward

.forward = "| exec /usr/bin/procmail"

    Neither has .procmailrc

    Mail sent to jes(_at_)romance(_dot_)lightlink(_dot_)com is delivered to
/var/spool/mail/jes

    Mail sent to root(_at_)romance(_dot_)lightlink(_dot_)com is delivered to
/var/spool/mail/bin

    On my SunOS system, running the same version of procmail,
mail sent to root is delivered properly to root and not bin.

The .forward file feature is not essential on Linux.  On Linux, it's
essentially for forwarding mail on to a different location, but all
that can be done with .procmailrc.

I have no .forward file and haven't needed one.