RE: BCC

2000-10-04 15:49:55
At 16:20 2000-10-04 -0600, Jason Cox wrote:
So is it possible to work with BCCs?  If an email is sent to a recipient as
a BCC and that recipient's email is parsed with procmail, is there a way to
handle it?  Is there a ^BCC_ directive or something?

There isn't one in the man pages.  Have you read them?

'man procmailrc' lists the regexp macros.

^TO and ^TO_ are the only procmail defined regexp macro which check for "Bcc" and "(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To" (in part, not a verbatim quote of the regexp).

If your MTA doesn't add headers for mail which is being delivered for a BCC (such as an X-Envelope-To header), you're generally going to be out of luck. It certainly isn't procmail's fault -- if the info isn't part of the message, you'll be hard pressed to determine it with any other tool you might try to use.

There is NO GUARANTEE that procmail will be able to detect a BCC.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395