Re: BCC

2000-10-05 02:26:06
Charlie Summers asked,

|    Yeah, but isn't there a way to set an environ variable that can be passed
| to procmail? This would avoid adding YAHF yet still allow procmail to filter
| on it.

There's some advice in the distribution files about how to configure sendmail
to invoke procmail -a envelope-recipient -d user so that the true envelope
recipient will be known to /etc/procmailrc and to ~user/.procmailrc as $1.

Unfortunately, that can work only if procmail is the integrated LDA, not when
the user is left high and dry to invoke procmail as a thrower from .forward
(or worse, from cron and .profile or at shell prompts as I am on one system).
In those circumstances, procmail can work only with the visible in-band text.
One notable mitigation is that of qmail: its preline utility can put the
envelope recipient into a Delivered-To: header field that procmail will be
able to see.