Re: BCC

2000-10-06 21:48:03
Mark wrote,

| And since Jason wants his own local procmail to determine who the
| current recipient is, why not simply pluck it from the Received: header?

If a single dispatch of the message is to be delivered to more than one ad-
dress on the site, there usually won't be a "for" phrase in the Received:
header.  If there is a "for" phrase it is reliable AFAIK, but one cannot
rely on having it.

| If procmail is not integrated into sendmail.cf, but the procmail invocation
| is done on a "per-user" .forward basis, then perhaps a simple pwd might do
| the trick. I have not tested that for procmail, but I know that sendmail
| itself does a chdir to $HOME of $u before it "executes" the .forward file.

That may depend on the MTA.  I remember testing it with Smail, and the
working directory of shells called in .forward was either the mail spool or
the mail queue directory, or somewhere else similarly related to Smail but
independent of the user.  A second destination in .forward of

  "|/usr/bin/pwd >> /path/to/my/home/filename"

confirmed it.