Re: Removing multiple spaces from Subject lines was Re: long mailing-list names in Subject line

2001-04-07 14:57:04
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Timothy Luoma <elists(_at_)1stpc(_dot_)org> wrote:
  SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject: | sed s'/\[scfn-list\] //g'`
Inspired by this suggestion I tried to use sed so as to eliminate
multiple spaces in Subject lines.

      Why?

Because several LISTSERV-based lists that I'm on are configured to
"prettify" the Subject and other header lines so that every thing lines
up. Personally I think it "uglyifies".

More often than not, it's SpamSign. Really.

From above no. The lists where these extra spaces are introduced are
certainly not spam. Actually the problem with spam subjects is usually
lots of periods not spaces.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!