Re: Removing multiple spaces from Subject lines was Re: long mailing-list names in Subject line

2001-04-08 02:25:39
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:
  Why?

Because several LISTSERV-based lists that I'm on are configured to
"prettify" the Subject and other header lines so that every thing lines
up. Personally I think it "uglyifies".

I'd concur with your assessment, but if you filter on the Return-Path...

More often than not, it's SpamSign. Really.

From above no.

I disagree, and have the stats to back it up.

I know I've already commented upon this but I thought a few examples of
non-munged Subject: lines from non-spam messages might help understanding.
These are snarfed from my mbox rather than using my mailer. The first one
is what started my quest; it's a subtle one.