Re: Removing multiple spaces from Subject lines was Re: long mailing-list names in Subject line

2001-04-07 16:07:17
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:
  Why?

Because several LISTSERV-based lists that I'm on are configured to
"prettify" the Subject and other header lines so that every thing lines
up. Personally I think it "uglyifies".

I'd concur with your assessment, but if you filter on the Return-Path...

It's late but I don't see how filtering on "Return-Path:" is going to help
clean up the content of Subject:. The clean up, of course, happens after
I've filtered based upon other criteria (usually Sender:) then I can go
mung the Subject: and Reply-to: as necessary for each list.

More often than not, it's SpamSign. Really.

From above no.

I disagree, and have the stats to back it up. In the past four weeks, the
only rule I have that comes close to the kill-ratio of the RSS is the
"spaces" rule. And I have a dozen other rules.

You're stats are only true for you. At the moment, you're obviously more
prone to spam than me. The incidence of spam sent to me correlates highly
with the frequency of my posting to newsgroup. I don't do the latter very
often so I see very little spam.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!