Re: Removing multiple spaces from Subject lines was Re: long mailing-list names in Subject line

2001-04-07 15:34:48
Trevor Jenkins wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> wrote:
    Why?

Because several LISTSERV-based lists that I'm on are configured to
"prettify" the Subject and other header lines so that every thing lines
up. Personally I think it "uglyifies".

I'd concur with your assessment, but if you filter on the Return-Path...

More often than not, it's SpamSign. Really.

From above no.

I disagree, and have the stats to back it up. In the past four weeks, the
only rule I have that comes close to the kill-ratio of the RSS is the
"spaces" rule. And I have a dozen other rules.

I count 14 Good kills for this rule, and 4 False Positives:

        ^Subject:.*\.\.\.\.

However, for the "Space" equivalent, I count about 80 Good Kills, and
*NO* Flase Positives:

Interestingly, some of the ones caught by the "Spaces" test are also
caught by the dots test.

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/