Re: store all headers ??

2001-09-04 04:50:33
Philip was answering Timothy,

| # restore the header from $HEADER
| :0 hfwi
| | echo "$HEADER" ;
|
| The semicolon on that last action is to force a shell to be used.
| That way you don't have to worry about LINEBUF being too small.

... or about having "echo" only as a shell built-in without an executable by
that name.

| If you need it to be _really_ efficient, then you can do the "save a copy"
| using the \/ match operator.

Won't that also have the effect of formail -c?  It won't necessarily be a
problem if it does.

| # Whew.  Now that we know LINEBUF is big enough,
| # restore the header from $HEADER
| :0 hfwi
| | echo "$HEADER"

Again, if echo is available only as a shell built-in and not as an
executable (even an executable that is a shell script that calls a shell's
built-in echo counts ... if you have it), you still need the semicolon.