Re: store all headers ??

2001-09-04 11:06:19
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> writes:
Philip was answering Timothy,
| If you need it to be _really_ efficient, then you can do the "save a copy"
| using the \/ match operator.

Won't that also have the effect of formail -c?  It won't necessarily be a
problem if it does.

You're right, it will and there's no way to turn that off.  <sigh>

| # Whew.  Now that we know LINEBUF is big enough,
| # restore the header from $HEADER
| :0 hfwi
| | echo "$HEADER"

Again, if echo is available only as a shell built-in and not as an
executable (even an executable that is a shell script that calls a shell's
built-in echo counts ... if you have it), you still need the semicolon.

Interestingly, the procmail configuration process makes note of whether
the 'test' command exists an an executable.  If it doesn't then whenever
procmail executes a command containing the string "test" it'll force the
use of a shell.  It doesn't do that for echo.  From my understanding of
the history of the UNIX shell, that makes sense: a separate echo command
predated even the shell-builtin version of test.  Have you actually had
to use a system which didn't have a separate echo command?

Philip Guenther