Re: Variables in .procmailrc

2001-09-04 15:34:37
On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:05:48PM -0500, John Heyer wrote:
In my .procmailrc file, I have variable called DEFAULT to put my mail in
/var/mail when it's determined to be important, i.e.

DEFAULT=/var/mail/john

It shouldn't be necessary to explicity set this. This is the default action
(hence why it has that name).

Is there any way to do this without explicitly putting my username in?  I
tried using the $MAIL and $USER variables that show up in my shell, but
they do not seem to be recognized by procmail.

$LOGNAME

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com