Re[2]: store all headers ??

2001-09-04 05:29:18
Tuesday, September 04, 2001, 4:08:09 AM, Philip Guenther wrote:

PG> "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> writes:
Is there an easy way to store all headers when a message arrives,
store them into a variable, and then put them back later?

PG> Yes, but there's probably an easier way to do whatever you're *really*
PG> trying to do.  A cloning nested block or reordering the recipes is
PG> probably the 'right' choice, but without knowing your goal it's hard
PG> to say.

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the info.  I'm trying to store the headers for use in
Metamail, because when I do:

:0fw
| metamail -q -x

it strips all the headers.

Further investigation shows that I can get some of the key headers
using:

:0fw
| metamail -x

Metamail has two variables (KEYHEADS and KEYIGNHEADS) which are
supposed to control what variables are printed, however neither of the
variables seem to have any effect and I can't find a later version of
metamail anywhere.

TjL

ps -- Linux Q: anyone know how to figure out (from the commandline)
what version & dist. of Linux is being used?  'telnet localhost 80'
usually helps, but there's no apache running on the machine in
question.