Re: no permission to execute

2001-12-05 09:16:44
Now that I put /usr/bin/procmail under /etc/smrsh procmail goes but....

My noremal line to run procmail is
|exec /usr/bin/procmail

in the .forward file

Now it complains about exec

Do I need exec?  can I use
| /usr/bin/procmail or
| . /usr/bin/pracmail

Ruben

On 2001.12.05 02:06:55 -0500 Don Hammond wrote:
On  5 Dec, Ruben Safir wrote:
| I have a similar problem
|
| I'm getting a bouce back message from sendmail sayign it can't call sh.
|
| It must be a rule.  This is a rather normal redhat 6.4 distro release.

That sounds like it could be sendmail configured to use smrsh, without
sh enabled in the smrsh config. I don't know any more about it, but man
smrsh might have some clues.

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must. Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.brooklynonline.com - For the love of Brooklyn