Re: no permission to execute

2001-12-04 19:16:20
These are the permissions of my sendmail executable
-rwsr-xr-x   1 root       361600 Sep 29  2000 /usr/local/etc/sendmail

I noticed that the sendmail configuration designates procmail as the MTA..
could this be causing the errors i'm seeing?

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
                S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

(my other recipes that copy to mbox'es work fine, but this 'fallback' rule
isn't doing a very good job of forwarding as it should)

Thanks!
Matt

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Don Hammond wrote:

On  4 Dec, Matt Eaton wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have a rule like this in my .procmailrc
|
| :0c
| ! pmail(_at_)divinehawk(_dot_)com
|
| But it fails with this error:
|
| procmail: No permission to execute "/usr/lib/sendmail"
| procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/lib/sendmail"
|
| I have tried piping (|) to a command as well, and no matter what command i
| pipe to, i always get "No permssion to execute <command>".
|
| I am not using smrsh (sendmail is using /bin/sh)
|
| It is an older version of procmail (v2.92pre5), (i do not have root on the
| mail server). Would this be the problem?

That's only the problem if the the sendmail binary is restricted so only
root has execute permission... which is what it sounds like. Has this
recipe ever worked?  Can you see the permissions on the "real" sendmail
program? (/usr/lib/sendmail is probably a symbolic link.)

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.