Re: Procmail development (Was: is this procmail rant justified?)

2002-02-06 19:46:48
At 02:34 2002-02-07 +0100, General P. Fault wrote:

> There may have been a transient DNS or network problem preventing the
> server from resolving your host.

and thus the Aachen mail server sent back a 451 error message:
[snip]

Ya, I understand that - the question seemed to imply being puzzled that the message was returned to the sender when the machine issuing the error claimed it couldn't resolve the hostname. What I was attempting to relate was that the error message was NOT delivered by the machine issuing the error, but rather by the machine which was attempting to pass the message along - that host should have been identified in the From: header of the bounce itself.