Re: Procmail development (Was: is this procmail rant justified?)

2002-02-07 03:32:57
There may have been a transient DNS or network problem preventing the
server from resolving your host.

My point is that there are ALWAYS transient DNS or network problems, at
least from about January 4, 2002.

The procmail list will accept mail from
user(_at_)nara(_dot_)kindai(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp, but not
user(_at_)irm(_dot_)nara(_dot_)kindai(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp(_dot_)  Those machines
are on the same physical lan,
on the same ethernet (163.51.110.0/24) and under the authority of the same
DNS.  I'm just lucky to have had a defunct account on the former which I am
using to subscribe to the list, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are
many, many people worldwide who don't have that luxury and are being denied
access to the list.

I tried.  If no one cares or knows what to do about it, then that's the end
of it.  The problem is way out of my league.  Sorry to have bothered everyone.

henry nelson