Re: spamrc.txt file not working

2002-02-11 13:31:01
On 11 Feb, Tom Warfield wrote:
| Okay I am using the sanitizer, which realy rocks!  Now I have decided to
| add some spam detection rules, which I found at
| http://ceti.pl/~kravietz/spamrc/, and I am not sure why but it works
| fine on one user and not the entire company.  Since it is in the
| procmailrc shouldn't it be doing everyones emails and not just one user?
| Kinda strange since I have added it to the main procmailrc in /etc.
|
| INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spamrc.txt
| INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail
|
| I would like to say I have logs to show you, but I have found nothing.
| Only logs I see are being created by the sanitizer rules which appear to
| be working fine.
|
| Any insight on why it would do this for only one user, and not scan
| everyone's emails? The sanitizer is catching everyones emails and
| processing them so I am not sure why the spamrc.txt file is not doing
| anything.

I don't have any ideas for your specific problem, other than to make
sure permissions are set appropriately on the directory and file. There
was a thread here within the last 24 hours that can be found at:

and may have some some useful debugging hints for you.

My real intent is to point out you probably need to be careful with
spamrc.txt. It looks like the  author is using extended regular
expression syntax that's not supported by procmail. Specifically, it
looks like he's using {m,n} quantifiers and the perl-ish \d to denote
numerics. There may be others.

This is not a criticism of the author (who is getting a separate
message) because, after all, he's gone to the effort of trying to
contribute. But some of those recipes might not perform as expected.

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.