Re: Kind of annoying.

2002-06-13 07:56:38
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:12:00AM -0400, Robert Adkins wrote:
Everyone,

      I am just curious as to why this mailing list, about a mail processing

program, is designed to foil mail reading program rules.

      It is a little annoying to have to select and drag all of the Procmail

Mailing list information into a folder that I have created to store such
information.

      The other mailing lists that I subscribe to simply put in the subject
section a simple explanation of where this mail is coming from. May I ask
why that is so difficult to do?

      Actually while I am at it, could anyone explain how to set that up
using
Procmail? Perhaps that could be forwarded to the maintainers of this list
so that they could follow suit with most all other mailing lists.

      All I am looking for is a simple [Procmail] to be placed in front of
the
subject line. If it is simply something that Procmail is unable to
perform and this list "must" use Procmail for philosophical reasons, then
I am ok with that.

Surely if you use procmail to process your mail it *removes* the silly
requirement that the subject of all mail in the list must be prefixed
by [Procmail].  The whole of the subject line can then be used for the
subject.

Procmail enables you to sort your mail on any criterion, to get mail
sent to this list delivered to a 'procmail' folder I have the
following rule in my .procmailrc file:-

    :0:
    * ^TOprocmail
    procmail

Any message with 'procmail' somewhere in its destination address is
put into the procmail folder.

Simple!   :-)

--
Chris Green (chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)