Re: Kind of annoying.

2002-06-13 08:07:28
Agreed :) I'm using a combination of procmail and the mail filter rules of
my client, and the client can't get all procmail emails into one folder
either!

Just my 2 eurocents worth...
Robin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Adkins" <raa(_at_)impelind(_dot_)com>
To: <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 3:12 PM
Subject: Kind of annoying.

Everyone,

I am just curious as to why this mailing list, about a mail processing
program, is designed to foil mail reading program rules.

It is a little annoying to have to select and drag all of the Procmail
Mailing list information into a folder that I have created to store such
information.

The other mailing lists that I subscribe to simply put in the subject
section a simple explanation of where this mail is coming from. May I ask
why that is so difficult to do?

Actually while I am at it, could anyone explain how to set that up using
Procmail? Perhaps that could be forwarded to the maintainers of this list
so that they could follow suit with most all other mailing lists.

All I am looking for is a simple [Procmail] to be placed in front of the
subject line. If it is simply something that Procmail is unable to
perform and this list "must" use Procmail for philosophical reasons, then
I am ok with that.

Thank you,
Robert Adkins
IT Manager/Buyer