Re: Kind of annoying.

2002-06-13 12:10:38
I disagree.  Most of the lists to which I belong are set to go back to the
originator by default.  If I make a mistake, I can always correct it by
resending.  If it is set the other way and I make a mistake, there is no way
to correct the error.  For better or worse, the message is published to the
whole group.

And messages *DO* come from individuals.  I have never seen a message "From:
procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org" yet, and I don't expect to.  any public
messages
to the list, like the ones chastising newbies for not reading man pages,
would be more appropriate as a personal reply.

You undercut your argument by referring to the "Reply All" button.  Right
now, you and I have that choice available.  If the list were set so the
"Reply" button replied to the list, you are removing an option from my mail
reader.  I no longer would have an easy way to send a personal reply in the
majority of cases where I feel that to be appropriate.

I hope the list admins do not change the way this list operates.  Please leve
it the way it is.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmasjc(_at_)tatanka(_dot_)stortek(_dot_)com

In message <a05111a06b92e5d31ee99(_at_)[64(_dot_)222(_dot_)81(_dot_)167]>, Matt
Wills said:
Personally, I would like to hit "Reply" and have the message go to
the group, rather than to the individual who wrote the last message.
Yes, I realize I have "Reply to All,"  which replies to both the
group and the last writer, but that should not be necessary. No other
group I belong to behaves this way.

Because the messages come from the groups, not the individuals, I
don't need elaborate filters to have the messages placed in the
appropriate mailbox.

Matt