Re: Blocking some attachments - RESOLVED

2003-09-19 09:57:38
Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:

<> :0
<> * ^Content-Type: multipart.*
<>
<> {
<>        :0 B
<>        * .*(file)?name=".*.pif".*
<>
<>        /dev/null
<> }
<>
<> What do you think?

Hanging a wildcard match on the end of a string is not needed; in
fact, it's extra work to no gain.  On the other hand, matching against
the exact string "Type:<space>multipart" is overly rigorous. Use a
wildcard in lieu of the <space> character.  Finally, if you have a
wildcard match up to "name=" then why bother checking if there's an
optional "file" ahead of "name?"

Cleaned up:

:0
* ^Content-Type:.*multipart
{
  :0 B
  * .*name=".*\.pif
  /dev/null
}

Finally, I would suggest not throwing the message into the bitbucket,
but rather direct it to a file where you can check it at your leisure
to make sure it wasn't something useful. Especially if this recipe
will ever be adapted to handle other people's email as well (One
person's trash is another's ...)

Reto
--
R A Lichtensteiger                      rali(_at_)tifosi(_dot_)com

"When I open her out a little more, as for instance across Salisbury Plain
 at 80 or so, I feel the earth moulding herself under me.  That's a thing
 that the slow coach will never feel. It is the reward of speed. I could
 write you pages of the lustfulness of moving swiftly." T. E. Lawrence