Re: close brace error with virussnag recipe

2003-09-19 15:58:59
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 03:26:44PM -0500, scott.list wrote:
I am attempting to use the virussnag recipe's.  I was especially
carefull to capture tabs and spaces properly.  I think I got that
right.  I implemented it and it seems to be processing OK except I do
get one complaint about a close brace in my log file (verbose on
ofcourse)

<smip>
"rocmail: No match on "> 50000
"rocmail: No match on "^Content-Type:(.*\<)?(audio/x-|application)
procmail: Closing brace unexpected
"rocmail: Skipped "
"rocmail: Skipped "
<snip>

I looked a the recipe and the braces appear to match.  I didn't edit
it in any way.  Is this
a) normal, nothing to worry about

No.

b) something I did wrong?

Probably.

   if b: can you make an educated guess as to what it was and how to
fix?
c) something that is wrong with recipe?

Not likely.

I wonder if you grabbed the file and saved it on your PC running
Windows, then uploaded it to your Unix account.  There could then
be CR-LF at the end of each line, which is DOS/Windows standard,
rather than just LF.  See if you have "dos2unix" on your shell
machine, and run it on the file.  Another common util that does
the same is called "flip".  Or you could edit out the ^M's you'd
see in vi by hand, or run the file through "sed 's/^M$//'" (but
use a real ^M, not this simulation one made with a caret and M.)

--
dman