Re: Blocking some attachments

2003-09-19 10:42:42
On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:38:00AM -0500, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
wrote:

Because there are many attachments that are dangerous, I 'm planing to
block all email-worms that has a .PIF attachment

I was thinking on a rulset like this:

:0
* .*\.pif

/dev/null

My doubts.        "." characters means any character so if I realy whant
the dot character, may I escape it?
When any mail has attachemts, it must contain Content-Type:
multipart/alternative; string, or not?
Later, any finalme  *.pif should be blocked.

I'll apreciate any contributions.

Will you guys stop reinventing the wheel, please?  We went
through all this stuff years ago on this list.  The solutions
offered were good, they're time-tested, and they still work.
If you don't like the code I offered a bit ago today here,
fine; just consult the list archives, and you'll find lots
of that old, good stuff.

--
dman