RE: Blocking some attachments

2003-09-19 11:14:00

-----Original Message-----
From: Dallman Ross
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 10:38 AM

Will you guys stop reinventing the wheel, please?  We went
through all this stuff years ago on this list.  The solutions
offered were good, they're time-tested, and they still work.
If you don't like the code I offered a bit ago today here,
fine; just consult the list archives, and you'll find lots
of that old, good stuff.

Dallman,

I tried http://www.spamless.us/pub/procmail/virussnag and it
seems to miss the latest MSFT hoax virus.  That's a fairly complicated script,
and isn't easy to parse through. Consulting the archives may or may not offer a
lot more help because there are many versions, many suggestions and not all (or
many) were tested well. I think it is reasonable to try and find the 'best
practice" recommendation here/now on this list even if it means some issues
have to be rehashed.

I've resorted to using the admittedly over-simplified script which I posted a
few notes earlier. I'd like it if there were a better, safer script that didn't
yield false positives.