Re: how to match Bcc?

2003-11-11 11:06:00
As it was written on Nov 10, thus Alan Clifford typed:

Alan:  On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Birl wrote:
Alan:
Alan:  B> As it was written on Nov 7, thus Professional Software Engineering
typed:
Alan:  B>
Alan:  B> PSE-L:  At 23:10 2003-11-07 +0000, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
Alan:  B> PSE-L:  >Surely you want to deal with email from lists before
assuming Bcc:ed.
Alan:  B> PSE-L:
Alan:  B> PSE-L:  Well, in fact, you're BCC'd when delivered to from a list.
Alan:  B>
Alan:  B>
Alan:  B>
Alan:  B> Does that hold true if that "list" is actually an email alias?
Alan:  B> Then the headers may lack 'Delivered-To' or 'X-Envelope-To'
information
Alan:  B> (from the examples Ive looked at).
Alan:  B>
Alan:
Alan:  Put the headers out of your mind. Just regard your email address being in
Alan:  a to: or cc: field merely as a courtesy.  If your address is not in one
of
Alan:  those fields, then the email has been sent to you using a mechanism that
Alan:  you can considered to be called "blind carbon copy".
Alan:
Alan:  You will not see a bcc: field in incoming messages.  It is there in your
Alan:  mail editor for outgoing messages merely as an easy method of passing the
Alan:  destination address to the mail sending software whilst keeping it out of
Alan:  the mail headers.
Alan:
Alan:
Alan:  Alan

Alright, I understand that.  However, if the 'list' is an email alias, is
it really a bcc?  I guess the answer doesnt matter much as this is going
off topic.

Thanks
Birl