Re: how to match Bcc?

2003-11-11 15:06:25
According to Professional Software Engineering on Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at
10:22:10AM -0800:
At 12:35 2003-11-11 -0500, Birl wrote:

Alright, I understand that.  However, if the 'list' is an email alias, is
it really a bcc?  I guess the answer doesnt matter much as this is going
off topic.

Excepting how the ORIGINATING mail server sees the message submission,
there is absolutely no difference in how the message is passed off to the
recipient mail servers.

Excellent explanation Sean - thank you.

Enyone who really want to get a feel of this, I encourage them to telnet to a
a mailserver as in
telnet some.server.com 25

Then type 'help'

This allows you to do interactively what MTA's normally do with each other.  It
makes everything
that Sean explains real clear.  Like what is real and what is inserted just for
humans.

ciao

Eric