Re: how to match Bcc?

2003-11-11 02:19:23
On 10 Nov 2003 Professional Software Engineering
(PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)o(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_):
At 17:29 2003-11-10 +0100, Zbynek Houska wrote:
My aim was to keep mail from (for me important) newsletter mailers
before procmail does spam detection. But, if I look at header there is
no sign of Bcc at all.
One little question: what about spam which isn't apparently Sent-to or Cc-ed
to me? Is that Bcc mail?

I suggest you read the pertinent mail RFCs.

Also look at some (or all) of the links I that I list on my
Procmail Quick Start in this section:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#envelope>

Here's the list:

* era eriksson's Procmail FAQ: Why Headers Don't Matter

* era eriksson's Procmail FAQ: Why can't I match on the BCC:
  header?

* era eriksson's Procmail FAQ: How do I implement a virtual
  domain? Or, how can I let several local users share the
  same POP mailbox at the upstream? Or, what is the most
  frequently made wrong assumption about mail delivery?

* Jari Aalto's Procmail Tips: Bcc lecture by Alan Stebbens

* Jari Aalto's Procmail Tips: Bcc lecture by Philip Guenther

* sendmail.org: Virtual Hosting with Sendmail and Q3.29 --
  How can I add a header specifying the actual recipient when
  having multiple users in a virtual domain go to a single
  mailbox?

* Andrzej Filip's Deliveries to Shared Mailboxes (sendmail)

* Philip Guenther's sendmail-related message Re: Procmailers
  beware: BCC handling in the Procmail mailing list

* Dave Sill's Life with qmail: Configuring Virtual Domains

* Fetchmail
      o FAQ: Multidrop-mode problems, especially M2. I can't
        seem to get fetchmail to route to a local domain properly
        and the Q&As below this one
      o Man Page: The Use and Abuse of Multidrop Mailboxes

* Getmail: Configuring getmail: POP3 Account types: Domain
  mailbox

* the Procmail mailing-list thread virtual domain multiple
  users filter

* Jason R. Mastaler's TMDA Pre-Configuration page, which
  includes information about getting envelope information
  from various MTAs. Jason says "TMDA receives much of its
  information about the envelope of an incoming message from
  environment variables set by the MTA. Most importantly,
  SENDER (the full envelope sender address), RECIPIENT (the
  full envelope recipient address), and EXT or EXTENSION (the
  recipient address extension)."

* Ken Lucke's Reading Email Headers

* EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services >
  The Technical Zone... > Guide to email headers? How easily
  can these be forged?

* SpamAssassin Bugzilla Bug 2142: Need code to infer MAIL
  FROM: address from message (this includes a link to this
  page!)

* John Conover's E-mail "Received: " Header IP Address
  Auditing

As I say on my Quick Start, this is one of the most frequently
asked questions about Procmail, i.e., it is a FAQ!

--
Nancy McGough
Infinite Ink ~ <http://www.ii.com>