Re: tips on writing /etc/procmailrc so that it can be run as 'root' or as a user?

2004-02-24 15:41:39
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 05:12:25PM -0500, Bob George wrote:
Dallman and other patiently worked with me to get clamav working both
with and WITHOUT the --mbox option, the only trick being to scan the
body rather than the headers and body.

Now that I have an actual working copy of clamscan (as of a few
hours ago we got it to compile right on NetBSD), I am not so sure
that actually works.  Yes, it doesn't give error messages, but
does it really ID viruses?  So far on mailed copies of the virus
I can't get clamscan to poz-id just a body, because the MIME
stuff is still there.

  % sed '1,/^$/d' netsky | clamscan --disable-summary -
  stdin: OK

Compare:

  % cat netsky | clamscan --mbox --disable-summary -
  /var/tmp//b0a202c66c91ce8c/topseller.zip23664a: Worm.SomeFool FOUND

(Yes, I know that was a useless cat.)

--
dman