Re: Can an rc file be bypassed?

2004-03-17 12:52:27
Dallman,

Okay, first of all, you could solve this with a condition in your
/etc/procmailrc looking for X-Loop, which you added (didn't you?!) when
you forwarded the mail in the user's .procmailrc.

mmm....have to admit I didn't have anything like this, and yes, in a
couple of scenarios I tried it would have saved me..........point noted
thank you (I can feel the mention of a 'sandbox' coming...quite rightly).

Why are the forwards upon spamishness happening only at the level of the
individual user's .procmailrc rather than in the /etc/procmailrc?  If
you did it in the /etc/procmailrc before DROPPRIVS, you could simply
append the mail to the desired spool:

    :0 c:
    * conditions say append to postmaster's spool
    /var/spool/mail/postmaster

Okay, I hadn't 'clicked' to deal with the SA tagged stuff right in the
/etc/promailrc file instead of letting it pass to a user (wife) who in
turn forwarded it back to me.

Am I correct in assuming (I will check as well) that the trick is to do
this prior to DROPPRIVS in order that the permissions are high enough to
deliver into a users spool (in my case I am using Maildir format, and not
using the mbox format of /var/spool/mail/....)?

Sorry if this is basic, but I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thanks also to Sean and LuKreme, I will also consider the alias suggestion
as well.

--
Regards,

Roland