Re: Can an rc file be bypassed?

2004-03-20 22:50:31
Hi David,

* David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com> [21-03-04 04:04]:

Shortly after my computer died, Roland Hill asked in response to one of
the last posts I typed on my old machine,

Ouch........hope it wasn't too bad for you.

Considering the confusion we already have over maildir and MAILDIR, when
a question uses the orthography "Maildir" away from the beginning of the
sentence is that I am reluctant to answer it.  If you'll change
"Maildir" to "maildir" at both occurrences, then yes, delivery to a
maildir requires no local lockfile, and asking procmail to secure one
(which it will do, the default name being $LOCKEXT [which is usually
".lock"] one directory up in the maildir itself rather than in the new/
subdirectory where it's writing the message) is a waste.

Sorry about my use of terms. I meant maildir, as related to qmail-style
maildir.

Thanks for the quick lesson and answering my question.

--
Regards,

Roland Hill                                  Registered Linux User #330226
http://pl.net/~rnrhill/rhweb.htm                   @ http://counter.li.org