Re: Can an rc file be bypassed?

2004-03-17 08:15:41
At 23:27 2004-03-17 +1300, Roland Hill wrote:
The users .procmailrc delivers to folders, or forwards (as below) etc.

Because this is my home network (wife kids, general use etc) I have all
spam forwarded to me for vetting. The forwarding occurs at the individuals
.procmailrc file.

The forwarded message however passes back through the global procmailrc
file, and, in short, gets passed back through SA.

I'd suggest that you forward to an MTA alias which simply deposits the message into a mailbox file. That alias _could_ invoke a procmail process (if you put the procmail recipe in /etc/procmailrcs/ you can set it to be owned by whatever user you want the resulting mailbox to be owned by).

Or, add some logic to your /etc/procmailrc:

# this would SKIP your SA stuff if the message was being delivered to your
# administrative userid *AND* already posessed an SA header.
:0
* ! LOGNAME ?? ^^youruserid^^
* ! ^some_spam_assassin_header
{
        # do your SA stuff
}

Or, take things flagged as spam (in your global procmailrc) and right then and there, deliver them into an archive for your review instead of to the original recipient. Much less overhead than forwarding it around.