Re: Can an rc file be bypassed?

2004-03-18 09:56:03
David W. Tamkin wrote:
Bob wrote,

After experimenting a bit, I've settled on that approach:

       :0
       | cat - >> /var/tmp/spamstore

Why would you do that instead of

 :0
 /var/tmp/spamstore
> which saves two processes?

Ahm... because I was changing it from something else and missed the obvious. You're right, of course. I've been futzing with filters so much lately I've got 'em on the brain.

And are you sure you shouldn't have a local lockfile on that? I haven't read the entire thread through, so maybe there's a good reason for having no local lockfile (perhaps there's a global or regional lockfile in effect, or the recipe can never be triggered in two procmail processes at once), but I can't imagine one for invoking cat and a shell for something procmail can do without help.

Nope, you're dead-on right. I'm changing a bunch of things around. So it should (will) be:

:0:
/var/tmp/spamstore

- Bob