Re: write to one file from numerous recipes

2004-08-03 05:39:17
Google Kreme <gkreme(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

Even where, as is mostly the case in my setup, a rule writes to a
unique mbox file.  Nothing else writes to it.  Well, only gnus reads
when it slurps from them and I guess zeros them out somehow.

I don't see anything that indicates your mailboxes have unique names.
Either you've been very lucky or you are invoking procmail in such a
way that it can only ever process one message.

...Either you've been very lucky...

It gets a little hard to buy the luck angle when noted that this has
been going on over several years. Maybe inobservant would be closer..

... unique names ...

I'm probably using the wrong term.  I mean the mbox files are only
written to by procmail.  But I guess that isn't right either since any
mail client can make changes in the mbox file.

... invoking procmail ...

I'm using procmail thru sendmail as it is setup by default in Fedora.

sudo grep -i procmail /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

  define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
  FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
  MAILER(procmail)dnl