Re: Is procmail dropping messages?

2004-08-08 22:24:36
On 8 Aug 2004 Justin Gombos (mindfuq(_at_)zianet(_dot_)com) wrote:
* Nancy McGough <nm-reverse-spam-filter(_at_)ii(_dot_)deflexion(_dot_)com>
[2004-08-07 06:59]:

I recommend *not* using those recipes. I tried them years ago and

I'd like to know exactly what the issue is, because dupes are pretty
irritating, and if formail is unreliable, I'll implement something

I think it is mainly a personal style issue, namely: I kept a mailbox of the duplicate messages and it was more of a pain for me to regularly go into my 'dupes' mailboxes and make sure nothing important only showed up there than to just deal with them in the normal (non-de-duping) way.

Because 'man procmailex' says this:

       Beware if you have delivery problems in recipes below this
       one  and  procmail  tries to requeue the mail, then on the
       next queue run, this mail will be considered  a  duplicate
       and will be thrown away.

I could never bring myself to not checking the 'dupe' box. I hope this makes sense.

Nancy
Infinite Ink
www.ii.com