OT: Re: Outlook filters to reciepes

2004-12-16 04:41:14
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:44:02AM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2004-12-15 17:25:02, schrieb Computer King:
I do not exactly follow could you explain

Outlook mails are crap and destroying Mail-Threads, distributing
tonns of Viruses daily (I get around 50-200 per day) and I hate it.

The Recipe mean, that all INCOMING Outlook Mails are send to /dev/null

1) Please do not confuse Outlook (Microsoft Office Premium mail client)
with Outlook Express ("OE," freebie email client that comes with MSIE and
is the Windows default mailer).  It is unfortunate that the names
are so similar, but the programs are completely different with different
development trees.

2) A modern, patched Windows machine is fairly competent and not likely
to be doing this, even with OE.  All the unpatched, pirated, and older
versions of Windows out there are another matter, however.

3) I use Outlook and have for seven years.  I also use mutt, e.g.,
to answer this.  :)  My Outlook is not sending you crap.

--
dman