Re: OT: Re: Outlook filters to reciepes

2004-12-16 05:45:48
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 01:04:49PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2004-12-16 12:33:59, schrieb Dallman Ross:

1) Please do not confuse Outlook (Microsoft Office Premium mail client)
with Outlook Express ("OE," freebie email client that comes with MSIE and
is the Windows default mailer).  It is unfortunate that the names
are so similar, but the programs are completely different with different
development trees.

Even if all two can not post correctly to Mailinglists ?
Send HTML Crap (85% Tags and 10% Headers and 5% Text) ?

<You owe me a new keyboard!>  I will leave it as an exercise for the
reader to decide for himself who, between Michelle and me, leaves
superfluous text, silly PGP and MIME tags, quoted signatures from
others, etc., in list postings.

2) A modern, patched Windows machine is fairly competent and not likely
to be doing this, even with OE.  All the unpatched, pirated, and older
versions of Windows out there are another matter, however.

And who patch his/her machine ?
I know only a handfull long-term-linux-user which have done this.
All others do not care about it.

I call it inconsiderate!

Call it whatever.  But don't call OE "Outlook"!  It's not.

3) I use Outlook and have for seven years.  I also use mutt, e.g.,
to answer this.  :)  My Outlook is not sending you crap.

Then you are one of the handfull long-term-linux-user :-)

Although I first used Linux in 1992 (Yggdrasil), and although I
have installed and used various Linuxes in more recent years, I
do not have any *nix currently installed on my home systems and have
not for several years now.  I use NetBSD at my shell provider's.
In the 1990's until 2001 I mainly used SunOS 4 over on Netcom.
I'm thinking of installing NetBSD at home too, but probably won't
as I don't have time and Panix does an excellent job administering
whatever I need in shells.

Hmmm, I get per day between 800 and 2500 Messages from mailinglists
and many Messages are from M$ Outlook (Express) and kill all threads...

It is not fun to respond to broken threads, so I do not answer
anymore to such Messages, even if the write me directly...
And the if I get CCed Messages... grrr!!! >/dev/null

Whatever, though I find that a little severe.  But then, my
brother would never visit Germany, even though I live here.
People have their prejudices ...

--
dman