OT: MIME and so on in text lists (Was: Re: OT: Re: Outlook filters to reciepes)

2004-12-17 16:07:00
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:45:09PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Am 2004-12-16 13:37:19, schrieb Dallman Ross:

<You owe me a new keyboard!>  I will leave it as an exercise for the
reader to decide for himself who, between Michelle and me, leaves
superfluous text, silly PGP and MIME tags, quoted signatures from
others, etc., in list postings.

This you must explain:

1)  leaves superfluous text

    What Do you mean with this ?

Go to the procmail list archive and search for yourself.  Then
open any article and click on "Original."  Have a look.

Or better yet, go to the archive and search for something like

  Regards;Thanks

and look for any quote symbols before that and see who the author is.

Here's an example:

  > Thanks for your help!
  >
  > Best regards,
  > Jan

  Greetings
  Michelle

2)  silly PGP

    The Signature works fine in mutt, Mozilla,
    Thunderbird, Outlook, Eurora, Pine, Pegasus

I use mutt to read the procmail list.  No, it does not work.

Here is what the start of this article looks like to me:

     [-- Attachment #1 --]
     [-- Type: multipart/signed, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 1.5K --]

     [-- PGP output follows (current time: Fri Dec 17 23:15:26 2004) --]
     [-- End of PGP output --]

     [-- The following data is signed --]