outsourcing (Was Re: procmail recipe)

2005-06-03 08:15:25
On 3 Jun 2005, Tim Macrina wrote:
I have employed a tech who is well versed in
linux/sendmail/procmail and so on but at the same time he is well paid
too so I try to figure out how to do things first and then run them by
him before implementing them to save our company money and so that I
can learn also.

Before you start paying someone to set up and manage your own
private email server, I suggest you consider outsourcing your
email management. I have great fun messing around with Procmail,
SpamAssassin, Greylisting, Blocklists, SPF, etc., but I also
manage my family's mail and I finally decided it is not fun and
*not worth it* to manage anyone's mail other than my own. I did a
huge amount of research to find a mail service provider that I
like and trust and I've documented everything I've learned on my
IMAP Service Providers page, which is here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

I can guarantee you that you will spend more money and probably
have worse results if you pay an in-house person to manage your
mail rather than outsourcing it. For example, if you look at
Tuffmail's Business packages, which are here:

 <http://www.tuffmail.com/business.php>

you will discover that you can get one year of service for 6
users for less than you will pay a good sys admin for one hour of
work.

 Nancy
 (sent via gmane.mail.procmail)

--
Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com>
  IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more