Re: procmail recipe

2005-06-03 06:51:26
On 6/3/05, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:
Tim Macrina:

I have a very simple recipe

 :0
 ! someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

Bouncing messages like that, asks for an X-Loop.

 :0
 * ! ^X-Loop:(_dot_)*(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)com
 *   ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
 {
   :0 fwh
   | formail -A"X-Loop: someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"
   :0
   ! someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
 }

 DROPPRIVS = 'yes'

--
Grtz, Ruud

Thank you to everyone who has assisted me. Let me take a moment to
explain why I wish to do this. I am have set up a mail server for our
company (very small family owned business). Being that it is family
owned it is not a problem if users spam is intermixed because we all
work together and we are all family so there is nothing to hide. I do
not plan on having the spam forward to one box forever, instead I plan
on having the blatent spam go to a universal mailbox so that I can be
sure to tune my rules on my newly installed spamassassin. I realize
that in some situations it might be a security risk to forward mail
from different accounts to one universal mailbox and then allow
everyone to check it but since we are all family we have made the
choice to do it to make things easier on me. In regards to the
concerns about me being new to the *nix world I want to say that I
have been a Windows admin for 9 years so trust me "I know the need for
security!" therefore I have employed a tech who is well versed in
linux/sendmail/procmail and so on but at the same time he is well paid
too so I try to figure out how to do things first and then run them by
him before implementing them to save our company money and so that I
can learn also. In the end I keep a log of all changes and why and he
reviews both my log and my changes to make sure I didn't open up any
holes that could cause problems. I'm not sure but it looks like Ruud's
example might be what I need, otherwise I will just right the messages
to a folder. I hope I have cleared things up. Thanks again