Re: procmail recipe

2005-06-02 08:03:22
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:41:32AM -0400, Tim Macrina wrote:

I have a very simple recipe

:0
! someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com is a local user on my sendmail system
Eventually the message gets to the mailbox but it arrives as an error
and I have found the following error in my log

Too many hops 26 (25 max): from someuser.mydomain.com via localhost,
to someuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

Yes, because you are taking spam and routing it through your
incoming server again, where it again goes to SpamAssassin,
and does that over and over and over and over and over until
it gets tired.  Amazing there's any bandwidth left on your server.

What you need to do is drop the spam indo the mailbox directly
from procmail; or exclude someuser from running spamassassin.

An example of the former:

   :0:  # or no lockfile if the target is a dir
   * [your condition]
   someplace_you_have_perms_to_write

--
dman