Re: procmail recipe

2005-06-02 20:19:12
At 10:44 2005-06-02 -0400, Tim Macrina wrote:
Thanks for the response Matee. I'm really not concerned about spam
getting through what I am looking to do is take all the messages with
a spam score of 10 or greater and then deliver them to one account for
all users and therefore never deliver that message to them. This
mailbox will allow a user to search for a message that was false
positived but at the same time keep all the blatant spam out of there
inbox.

Uh....

ONE mailbox for the flagged-as-spam for *ALL* users, and those users can search the mailbox for false-pozzies?

May as well give everyone access to one anothers accounts: Joe can read some of Jane's email by checking the false-pozzie archive. I could easily see order confirmations (poss with CC numbers in them - some outfits are pretty braindead when it comes to email security) and personal correspondance.

The appropriate solution here is to set up a per-user spam mailbox. Users with shell access could simply load the mailbox in Pine/Elm/Mutt/whatever_MUA. If the users don't have shell access, then you could produce a remailer web app - parse the mailbox for sender and subject (and anything else) and allow the user to flag messages that look valid and have the webapp yank that one message and move it to their inbox. The web route could utilize an SQL db to store messages. You could have a cron job that purges messages over a certain age, so the spam archive doesn't get too big.