Re: Ways to add new features

2005-11-13 15:37:52
Rather than debating _how_ to add a feature, maybe we could
discuss _which_ features should be added, as well?

* date as far as year, month, day, hour, min, sec, epoch seconds
  (a set of variables preset at procmail startup?)

* test, at least -d, -f, and -a -o !, but I also use -nt

* parsing Nth header, so one can look at received: the without doing the
  whole job with awk in the first place

* DNSBL lookups

* handling encoding specifications in headers - they tend to just throw
  everything

* decent string match/replace functions like awk or sed

* having formail as a separate program seems rather silly

* multipart msg handling, so one can examine e.g. the part-headers directly

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.